Thor bu - Curiosia Indo-Tibetica

Textual and visual odds and ends from India, Tibet, and around.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kolozsvár/Cluj, Budapest, Oxford, ibi ubi

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Tibetans undertake Herculean tusk

Although my English is bad enough, I can't resist quoting these sentences:

The result of this Herculean tusk gave birth of Tibetan Buddhist canons in 13th century.

Tibetans developed a literary language from the 7th century on wards.

The site is otherwise informative (if you know how to read it) and written with good will and dedication.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

isnt it time that pechas went the way of birch bark scrolls? I love whats in them as much as the next Tibet weenie, but lets face facts: western book technology is simply way better and I for one await the day when all Tibetan texts are printed in western formats with exotic things like..... an index!

6:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home