Thor bu - Curiosia Indo-Tibetica

Textual and visual odds and ends from India, Tibet, and around.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kolozsvár/Cluj, Budapest, Oxford, ibi ubi

Saturday, October 11, 2008

FIISSR reviewed

I almost forgot to tell you that I very much enjoyed the Fifth International Intensive Sanskrit Summer Retreat which took place this year in Kőszeg, Hungary. No pictures I'm afraid, I forgot to bring my camera. Here is a Hindi review of the happening. In light of current events the last sentence seems especially appropriate. It was written by Mrs Gita Kumar and pointed out to me by Dr Mária Négyesi. Many thanks to both.

3 Comments:

Blogger AC said...

for those who, like me, don't read Hindi a google translation is a great treat.
If this link is not working go to google translate web page, paste the review URL choose Hindi to English languages and click translate.

The translation is really funny especially the names.

Thank you Mr. Peter Bishop.

10:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Peter Bisschop (Lecturer in Sanskrit Studies, Edinburgh) certainly deserves to be thanked, though not for uploading the review, but for reading the Vārāṇasīmāhātmya with us.

11:17 am  
Blogger PDSz said...

Adi explained this to me after posting. He thought that it was my name which somehow got translated into 'Bishop'. I'm flattered by this identification but I explained it was not the case. We agreed however that 'scripta manent', otherwise I would have had to remove the entire comment which had those useful links.

11:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home